Nominations for SLS Officers and Committee Members Welcome
13th June 2022
The SLS invites nominations for the following posts:
- Vice-President Elect (from October 2022, to be Vice President from October 2023 and President from October 2024)
- Two Ordinary Members of Executive (from October 2022)
- Four members of the Legal Education Sub Committee (from October 2022)
- One member of the Libraries Sub-Committee (from October 2022)
- One member of the Research Grants Committee (from October 2022)
- One member of the Research Sub-Committee (from October 2022). The convention is that the members of this committee are normally full Professors.
The SLS encourages applications from members, in good standing, of all genders, ethnicities, types of institution, and career stage based anywhere in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Ethnic minority* and early career members of the SLS, currently under-represented in these roles, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Anyone interested in any of the above posts or who would like to nominate another person is welcome to contact the Honorary Secretary, Professor Anne Davies, for more information: email@example.com. The closing date for all nominations is Friday 5 August 2022, 17:00 BST. Further information and nomination forms are available on the Administration tab of the Society’s website.
Nominations for SLS Officers will be considered and voted on by the members who are present at the Society’s AGM on Thursday 8 September 2022. Nominations for ordinary members of the Executive and committee members will be considered and voted on by the members who are present at the Council Meeting on Thursday 8 September 2022.
* We recognise that ‘BAME’ fails properly to capture the varied and particular experiences and identities of People of Colour in the UK and Ireland. Our use of this term aims to be inclusive of all disadvantaged groups.