The Society of Legal Scholars (SLS) is the learned society for those who teach law in a university or similar institution or who are otherwise engaged in legal scholarship. As of beginning of 2013 the SLS had over 2900 members consisting of academic and practising lawyers in a wide variety of subject areas. The SLS was founded in 1908 and has charitable status. For more information on the SLS please read on.
The Society is delighted to invite applications to hold the SLS Annual Seminar Series in 2016. Further details.
Entries are currently sought for the 2015 Birks Prize. Further details. Closing date 31/5/15.
March 2015: PowerPoint Slides from the REF Law Sub-Panel Feedback session given on the 4 March 2015 at the IALS by Professor Gillian Douglas.
- Conference: Philosophy of Legal Philosophy Friday May 22 2015
- 2015 ILA-ASIL Asia-Pacific Research Forum: Integrating the Asia-Pacific: Why International Law Matters? Monday May 25 2015
- Lecture and Webinar: Australian Personal Property Securities Act 2009 - Statutory Review Wednesday May 27 2015
- Conference: The European Union and the Arctic Friday May 29 2015
- Conference: Culture on the move - Migration, Living traditions and Cultural Heritage Protection Friday May 29 2015
- Conference: Stimulating Business in a Europe in Crisis - Evolving Trends and the Case of Greece Tuesday June 02 2015
- Public Lecture: 20 Years of the World Trade Organisation Wednesday June 03 2015
- 111 Strathclyde Postgraduate Colloquium: Environmental Law and Governance Thursday June 04 2015
- Seminar: Assessment in Clinical Legal Education Thursday June 04 2015
- Colloquium: Environmental Law and Governance Thursday June 04 2015
For all forthcoming events please click here. The SLS is pleased to provide details of forthcoming legal events in on this site and via email. Should you wish to advertise an event please contact us.
- Conference on 50th Anniversary of the Law Commissions @KCL_Law & @cambridgelaw. UK Supreme Court, 10-11 July 2015
- British Society of Criminology Conference 2015 30 June - 4 July. Abstracts Deadline 25 May
- Lecture and webinar : Australian Personal Property Securities Act 2009: Statutory Review, 27 May 2015
- Law and Society Events at Lancaster
- Immigration seminar: Contemporary Issues in Refugee Law, Lancaster, 7 July
- Conference: "EU Capital Markets Union: Contents and Discontents", IALS, 3 July
- "The Future of Registered Partnerships", A Joint Durham / Cambridge Family Law Conference, 10-11 July 2015
- Call for Papers: "Adrift in the European Crisis: Interrogating the Impact of global and regional legal reforms on economic rights." Westminster, Deadline: 1 August
- 2nd Annual Housing Law Symposium, Housing Law Research Network, Portugal
- Calling Members at Aberystwyth Department of Law & Criminology - Representative Needed
- SOAS: Tutor for Law of Contracts
- Anglia Ruskin University: Studentships in Law
- University College Cork: PhD Studentships
- University College Cork: College of Business and Law Research Masters Scholarship
- University of Dundee: Research Degrees 2015-16
- Judicial Appointment Commission: Fee-paid judge
The Society's Annual Conference in 2015 will be held on 1 - 4 September at the University of York. Further details are available here.