The Society of Legal Scholars (SLS) is the learned society for those who teach law in a university or similar institution or who are otherwise engaged in legal scholarship. As of beginning of 2013 the SLS had over 2900 members consisting of academic and practising lawyers in a wide variety of subject areas. The SLS was founded in 1908 and has charitable status. For more information on the SLS please read on.
SLS Centenary Lecture 2015 will be given by Nicholas Green on Wednesday 18 November, at 18:00, at the University of Bristol. Further details will be published when they become available.
Council has recently approved the change of name and revised rules in order to give more guidance to potential applicants and in particular to distinguish this fund from the Research Activities Fund and also from the Annual Seminar Series.
March 2015: PowerPoint Slides from the REF Law Sub-Panel Feedback session given on the 4 March 2015 at the IALS by Professor Gillian Douglas.
- Conference: The Dark Side of Magna Carta Friday July 24 2015
- Conference: EU Accession to the ECHR and Free Movement of Students Monday July 27 2015
- Symposium: Education Law and Human Rights Monday August 10 2015
- Seminar: Comparative law, the Courts and the influence of Europe Tuesday September 01 2015
- Conference: Current Issues in Freight Forwarding - Law and Logistics Thursday September 03 2015
- Conference: Small States in a Legal World Monday September 07 2015
- Symposium: First Women Lawyers - Establishing the known and unknown Wednesday September 09 2015
- Workshop: Competition Law Public Enforcement Across the EU Thursday September 10 2015
- Conference: Anti-Democratic Ideology and Criminal Law under Fascist, National Socialist and Authoritarian Regimes Thursday September 10 2015
- 1st Annual Event of the UK Energy Law and Policy Association Thursday September 10 2015
For all forthcoming events please click here. The SLS is pleased to provide details of forthcoming legal events in on this site and via email. Should you wish to advertise an event please contact us.
- Final Reminder: Conference on 50th Anniversary of the Law Commissions, 10-11 July
- Scottish Law Commission e-Bulletin for Spring 2015 - Happy 50th Anniversary, @scotlawcom
- Call for Papers: Modern Studies in Property Law 2016, Queen's Belfast, Deadline 28 Aug
- "Comparative law, the courts and the influence of Europe" BACL Seminar, York, 1 Sept
- "Current Issues in Freight Forwarding: Law and Logistics" Conference, Edinburgh, 3-4 Sept
- "Non-State Responsibility in Cyberspace: State Responsibility, Individual Criminal Responsibility and Questions of Evidence" Conference, Sheffield, 18 Sept
- "Administrative Justice in Wales and Comparative Perspectives" Conference, Bangor, 10th Sept
- "Geographical Indications in the EU: Policy Aspects and Future Regulation", Bournemouth, 11 Sept
- Seminar: Human Rights Consortium of the School of Advanced Study, London, 24 June
- "EU Capital Markets Union: Contents and Discontents" IALS Conference, 3 July
Lakehead University is conducting an extensive search for the Dean of the Bora Laskin Faculty of Law and invites expressions of interest, applications and nominations.
- University of Southampton: P/T (0.6) Teaching Fellow in Law
- University of Dundee: Research Degrees 2015-16
- All Souls College, Oxford: Senior Research Fellowships in History, Law, and Philosophy
- Judicial Appointment Commission: Fee-paid judge
The Society's Directory of Members is available online. The password for this members' only resource can be obtained from your Council Representative. The Directory contains records of those who were members on 1 January 2015.
The Society's Annual Conference in 2015 will be held on 1 - 4 September at the University of York. Further details are available here.