The Society of Legal Scholars (SLS) is the learned society for those who teach law in a university or similar institution or who are otherwise engaged in legal scholarship. As of beginning of 2013 the SLS had over 2900 members consisting of academic and practising lawyers in a wide variety of subject areas. The SLS was founded in 1908 and has charitable status. For more information on the SLS please read on.
Entries are currently sought for the 2015 Birks Prize. Further details. Closing date 31/5/15.
March 2015: PowerPoint Slides from the REF Law Sub-Panel Feedback session given on the 4 March 2015 at the IALS by Professor Gillian Douglas.
- Southern Law PhD Conference Friday May 01 2015
- Conference: Labour Law in Transition Friday May 01 2015
- CCLCJ Postgraduate Research Conference: Sexual Offences in the Criminal Justice System - National and International Perspectives Friday May 01 2015
- Workshop: Supervising the PhD in Law Tuesday May 05 2015
- Public Lecture: Life as a UN special Rapporteur - Professor Surya P. Subedi, O.B.E. Tuesday May 05 2015
- 5th International Refugee Law Seminar Series: The Extraterritorial Application of the Non-refoulement Obligation in International Human Rights Law Tuesday May 05 2015
- Workshop: Culture on the move - Migration, Living traditions and Cultural Heritage Wednesday May 06 2015
- Aberdeen Centre for Energy Law Session on Changing Legal Frameworks for Renewables Thursday May 07 2015
- Symposium: Occupation, Transitional Justice and Gender Friday May 08 2015
- Conference: The Philosophical Foundations of Tax Law Friday May 08 2015
For all forthcoming events please click here. The SLS is pleased to provide details of forthcoming legal events in on this site and via email. Should you wish to advertise an event please contact us.
- Job: Senior Lecturer in Health Law, Limerick
- Job: Senior Lectureship in Private Law, Brunel
- Seminar: "The Extraterritorial Application of the Non-refoulement Obligation in International Human Rights Law", SAS London, 5 May 2015
- Workshop - Call for Papers "Competition Law Public Enforcement Across the EU", Deadline: 1 June
- Call for Submissions: Special issue on "Free Speech in the Commonwealth"
- Call for Papers: PhD Conference “Rights in Conflict: Critical Perspectives on Contemporary Human Rights Protection.”, Cork. Deadline 4th May
- PhD Workshop: Justice for Victims of Mass Atrocities, Queen's Belfast, 12 June 2015
- Lecture: “20 Years of the World Trade Organisation”, City Law School, 3 June
- Seminar: Assessment in Clinical Legal Education, Northumbria, 4 June 2015
- Seminar "Constructive Links or Dangerous Liaisons? The Case of Public International Law and European Union Law", QMUL 25-6 June 2015
- Keele University: Lectureships in Law x 2
- University of Portsmouth: Full-time PhD student
- Brunel University: Senior Lecturership in Private Law
- University College Dublin: EU-funded Ph.D positions on Environmental Governance and Compliance x 3
- University of Limerick: Senior Lecturer in Health Law (multiannual)
- Keele University: Law Graduate Teaching Assistant
- SOAS: Tutor for Law of Contracts
- University of Dundee: Research Degrees 2015-16
- Judicial Appointment Commission: Fee-paid judge
The Society's Annual Conference in 2015 will be held on 1 - 4 September at the University of York. Further details are available here.