The Society of Legal Scholars (SLS) is the learned society for those who teach law in a university or similar institution or who are otherwise engaged in legal scholarship. As of beginning of 2013 the SLS had over 2900 members consisting of academic and practising lawyers in a wide variety of subject areas. The SLS was founded in 1908 and has charitable status. For more information on the SLS please read on.
SLS Centenary Lecture 2015 will be given by Nicholas Green on Wednesday 18 November, at 18:00, at the University of Bristol. Further details will be published when they become available.
Council has recently approved the change of name and revised rules in order to give more guidance to potential applicants and in particular to distinguish this fund from the Research Activities Fund and also from the Annual Seminar Series.
March 2015: PowerPoint Slides from the REF Law Sub-Panel Feedback session given on the 4 March 2015 at the IALS by Professor Gillian Douglas.
- European Network of Housing Research (ENHR) Annual Conference Tuesday June 30 2015
- Leicester Canadian Law Mooting Competition 2014/2015 Tuesday June 30 2015
- Conference: Criminology - voyages of critical discovery Tuesday June 30 2015
- British Society of Criminology Conference 2015: State interests in cyber-security- language, policies and action Tuesday June 30 2015
- Conference: Legislative Drafting and Language - Legal Language in Context Tuesday June 30 2015
- Symposium: Law and Compassion Wednesday July 01 2015
- Conference: Making International Custom More Tangible Thursday July 02 2015
- Conference: EU Capital Markets Union: Contents and Discontents Friday July 03 2015
- Conference: EU Capital Markets Union - Contents and Discontents Friday July 03 2015
- Summer Course: International Law - Contemporary Issues Monday July 06 2015
For all forthcoming events please click here. The SLS is pleased to provide details of forthcoming legal events in on this site and via email. Should you wish to advertise an event please contact us.
- University College Dublin:FitzPatrick Family Foundation Doctoral Scholarship
- BIICL: Part-time Research Fellowship on Law of the Sea
- University of the South Pacific: Senior Lecturer / Lecturer / Assistant Lecturer
- University of Dundee: Research Degrees 2015-16
- All Souls College, Oxford: Senior Research Fellowships in History, Law, and Philosophy
- Judicial Appointment Commission: Fee-paid judge
The Society's Directory of Members is available online. The password for this members' only resource can be obtained from your Council Representative. The Directory contains records of those who were members on 1 January 2015.
The Society's Annual Conference in 2015 will be held on 1 - 4 September at the University of York. Further details are available here.